BPP is heading to Washington, D.C. October 17-18, 2019 to talk Humanitarian Crisis in the Borderlands. The next public convening of the Border Philanthropy Partnership will be held in Washington, D.C. October 17-18. The meeting will include a visit to the U.S. Capitol to discuss the humanitarian crisis in the Borderlands. Additionally, a public convening "The Power of Philanthropy in the U.S.-Mexico Borderlands," a dynamic conversation of binational philanthropists and organizations who are investing in important issues and causes facing our region and 10th Anniversary Celebration Reception, will be held at the Mexican Cultural Institute from 5pm-8pm. Mexico's Ambassador Martha Barcena Coqui is invited to join us. Panelists include:
- William Smith, President & CEO, Santa Fe Community Foundation, Santa Fe, New Mexico
- Eric Pearson, President & CEO, El Paso Community Foundation, El Paso, Texas
- Enrique Diaz Rivera Robinson Bours, Board Chair, BPP; Board Member,Fundacion Tichi Munoz, Obregon, Sonora
- Alma Cota de Yañez, Executive Director, Fundacion del Empresariado Sonorense (FESAC), Nogales chapter, Nogales, Sonora
- Lisa Urias, Board Member, Arizona Community Foundation, Phoenix, Arizona
The event is part of the year-long 10th Anniversary celebration of the U.S.-Mexico Border Philanthropy Partnership and is free of charge but registration is required.
The BPP has blocked a number of rooms at the Canopy by Hilton Washington DC | The Wharf
at a special group rate. Guests have until September 16th to make their reservations at the group rate; after that date, prevailing rates will apply. Please use this booking link to reserve your room. If you need call-in information, you can call 1.855.655.2412 (central reservation office) and ask for the group by name: US Mexico Border Philanthropy Partnership.
We thank our sponsors for their support of our 10th Anniversary activities:
Additional sponsorships still available, please contact Andy Carey.