How we have made a difference
The U.S.-Mexico Border Philanthropy Partnership (BPP) is excited to share our impact along and across the 10 Border State region. BPP supports a network of nearly 300 organizations from academia, business and corporate partners, government agencies, nonprofit organizations, and foundations that build prosperity through leadership, collaboration, and philanthropy in the U.S.-Mexico Border region. BPP is the only binational group along and across the 2,000 mile border that unites a vibrant network national, regional, and local leaders and organizations who are making a difference on both sides of the U.S.-Mexico border.
Since 2008, we have cemented the foundation for increased charitable giving in the border by:
- providing education and training opportunities to over 9,500 board and staff leaders in the 10 U.S. and Mexico border states on governance, development, communications, volunteerism, and cross-cultural understanding;
- supporting the legal transfer of over US$1.2 million between the U.S. and Mexico in support of nonprofit organizations in the region;
- granting over $150,000 in technical assistance funds to support the nonprofit and philanthropic sectors with strategic planning, governance, and resource development in U.S. and Mexico;
- organizing over 40 binational convenings from San Diego/Tijuana to Brownsville/Matamoros to support binational dialogue on critical issues, peer to peer learning, and networking for civil society leaders;
- providing organizational coaching to over 130 nonprofit organizations in both countries to support challenges and craft solutions to issues facing their institutions; and
- launching www.procapacidad.org to support the emerging nonprofit sector in Mexico by providing critical tools and resources to strengthen its ability to achieve their local missions (achieving 610,000 visits and over 100,000 downloads) and benefitting organizations all across Mexico.